Beef cut: Ground Beef
Preparation time: 20′
Cooking time: 15′
General description: Tacos are a very traditional Mexican food. It got popular in Mexico city during Mexican industrialization as street food for workers. They are easy to make and are a very flexible dish as toppings can be customized according to your taste and what you have in the fridge. The colorfulnes of this dish bring happiness to the table.
– Ground beef (we use 1-2 lbs)
– Homemade taco seasoning to taste
– Your favorite salsa (we use Picante Salsa from Pace Foods)
– Fresh Tomatoes
Seasoning (these quantities are for a jar of seasoning but all you will need for the recipe is 1 tablespoon all together):
– ½ cup chili powder
– ¼ cup onion powder
– ⅛ cup ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon oregano (you can leave this out if you prefer)
– 1 tablespoon garlic powder
– 1 tablespoon paprika
– 1 tablespoon salt (sea salt is particular good)
– You can decrease the chili powder to decrease spiciness
– Mix spices together.
– Prepare toppings (cut avocado and tomatoes in not too big pieces. Sliece onion. Grate cheese).
– Add a little oil to the pan. Heat until the oil is hot (but not smoking). Add meat and cook until brown.
– Add salsa to browned meat for moisture.
– Add taco seasoning to taste.
– Let simmer for about 5 minutes to let the “love” happen!
– Warm up tacos
– Fill tacos with meat and toppings