Preparation time: 1h 40′ including leavening
Cooking time: 15′
General description: It is very important to make good burgers but the ultimate hamburger is the one that has home-made buns. In this cooking tutorial we will guide you step by step.
Making bread is not easy but with a good recipe and a good video that takes you through all the steps you will love this magical process. Enjoy!
– 500 g of smooth wheat flour
– 200 ml of water
– 100 ml of milk
– 50 g butter
– 40 g of sugar
– 2 eggs
– 9 g instant yeast
– 9 g of salt
– sesame for garnish
– Put the milk and water in a saucepan, heat slightly (to about 122°F) and set aside. Add the butter and let it dissolve. Once the temperature drops below 95°F, add 1 egg and stir. Beat the remaining eggs in a bowl.
– Sift flour into the robot bowl. Add sugar, salt and mix well. Add the yeast and mix well again.
– Add the mixture of milk, eggs and butter. Insert the kneading hook into the robot and start kneading at the lowest speed to mix the ingredients (about 2 to 3 minutes). Then increase the speed to medium speed and knead for about 8 to 10 minutes. The dough should be nicely soft and should not stick to the edges of the bowl.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the temperature drops below below 95°F or will kill the yeast
– Transfer the kneaded dough to a closed container that you have previously smeared with a little oil. Cover and leave to rise for about 1 hour until the dough multiplies by volume.
– Once the dough has risen, flatten it out with a fist while still in the bowl and tip it over onto the worktop. Divide the dough into pieces weighing 65 to 70 g. Then shape each piece into a round lump shape.
– Then spread them out on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Cover with a cloth and leave to rise for about 15 to 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 410°F.
– Brush the leavened buns with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame.
– Put the baking tray in a preheated oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until they are beautifully colored.
– Transfer the baked buns to the grid and allow to cool forat least 10minutes
– Enjoy your amazing buns!